Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pacific Life Bible College

Last August I was asked to co-chair the Building Leaders Campaign for our Foursquare Bible College, Pacific Life. Their stated goal was to build a new Learning Center for the College at a cost of about 1.1 million. Today marked the end of the first round of pledges and giving, with a tour or the new building and a meeting with the Board of Governors.

It's been 35 years since I graduated from Life Bible College, which at that time was housed in the basement of our church. Over the last several years under the capable leadership of my brother Rob, the College has grown in numbers, in academic quality and in influence. Last year when I asked the class on Church Growth that I was teaching, where they all came from, I was surprised by the several continents, as well as countries, that were represented. Today was very touching for me to tour the new facilities and see how my Alma Mater has matured. It is going to be such an honor and pleasure to teach Pentateuch in the new facilities this fall.

Although we're still looking at a big challenge of building up our staff, adding to our video production capabilities, building new dorms etc, there's a palpable energy that is in the air. Our little Bible School that grew out the Pentecostal revival in 1928, is coming of age. God bless Pacific Life Bible College!

No comments: