Saturday, June 17, 2006

Blessings


I'd never done a book signing before today, so sitting at Blessings with my Marketing genius, Sarah, was a pretty exciting adventure. I was pleasantly surprised by the good response to my books (mind you, many of them were my very supportive friends from our church!) I did enjoy meeting the many people who have been reading my column in the Tri-City News. By the way, those weekly articles are available on our church web page http://www.northsidechurch.ca

I'm always amazed and delighted by the connections in the church. It's said that anybody that you meet in North America is only four people away from knowing you. That is they know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows you--but it's especially true in the church. I can ask a believer where he goes to church, then "do you know so-and-so?" and presto, we're connected. Of course better than that, we're already joined together in the same family, because through our relationship to Jesus, our spiritual roots go back to Abraham; and then, on top of that, we all come from both Adam's and Noah's family.

Anyway, it was a good day! I'm thankful to Linda and her staff at Blessings Marketplace for making Sarah and me feel so comfortable, and also to all those who bought my books. My intention has always been to bring truth to as many people as possible in a practical and understandable way. Blessings to you all!

No comments: