Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Life Purpose

I was encouraged today to read a thoughtful letter from a young woman, whose life was strongly influenced by listening to an interview that I did with Willard Theissen on "It's a New Day" last December. She wrote how life had pressed her into a very low place. Her self esteem had been squeezed out of her and she despaired for her future. Talking about the fact that we all have a uniquely designed purpose given to us by God, the conversatiobn caught her attention as she was flipping through the channels.

The amazing thing to her was that she had just prayed, "God, I don't know what to do. Please speak to me." It was, immediately after that, that she heard us on TV . Then I began talking about about the meaning of names. Wondering what that was all about, the young woman checked out the meaning of her two names. "Wow!" she cried, the meaning of both of her names was exactly what she needed to hear from God!

No comments: