Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tuesday November 21st.

Its Tuesday morning and I'm at the Manila Airport headed for Davao to begin the Pastors Conference. This is the 50th Anniversary of the Church in Davao so we'll have about 400 pastors and leaders in attendance.

I remember very well the 1960's when Evelyn Thompson and her husband Arthur moved from Manila to Davao. They had no money but they did have much faith. She began immediately preaching on street corners. Evelyn was very much like the founder of the Foursquare church Aimee Semple McPherson. Miracles began to happen and it wasn't long before they built the 1000 seat church where I'll be teaching. Hundreds of churches and Hundreds more church plants have grown out of her fruitful ministry. I am so privileged to stand behind the pulpit she used and teach the next generation of Pastors. Services will run from 8 am until 10 pm with some time off for meals only. I'm amazed how much stamina the pastors have for listening and learning. I usually lose my voice speaking as much as they want to listen.

Yesterday I had the full day to prepare. Although I had done my homework and early prep work in (I had to print and ship the 60 page notes by early Sept), there is much adjustment to the moment of need as I proceed.




Aimee Semple McPherson

No comments: