Friday, November 17, 2006

Davao


Yesterday was a transition day. My week of refreshing is over and it's time to start working.

After packing and visiting with my gracious hosts, we headed for the beautiful new Bangkok Airport at 11 am. Philippine Air took off for Manila at 2 pm and arrived at 6 pm. The weather in both places is about 30 degrees and clear. It was already dark when we landed in Manila.

The flight gave me enough time to read my new book, Dancing with the King. Odd as it sounds I had not read it from cover to cover as a story before - only to write and edit it. I certainly don't want to toot my own horn but the book was exciting to read. Just seeing the amazing plan of God for his church is amazing

I'll be using the book as part of my series in Davao next week. One of our church members generously purchased books for each of the 600 pastors and we shipped them ahead 3 months ago. The pastors here cannot afford to buy books with salaries of 30 to 200 dollars a month so they are so delighted with the gifts.

I booked into a hotel in Manila and settled in for a well needed rest. I'm feeling great physically and spiritually, but I do need to catch up on my sleep. Sunday is coming. Blessings to all who read these words

No comments: