Sunday, April 30, 2006

Thinking of You Today

I always miss Sundays when we are away. They are my favorite day. Even better today because my dear friend and mentor Wes Wray will be our guest speaker. Wes and Gladys were not only our pastors when we were married, but we also moved into their basement suite (at $80/month). I well remember the trip we took to California together to attend Jack Hayfords pastors conference in 1977. Wes and I sat together at a mens weekend and he encouraged me as I dreamed about starting a church in Port Coquitlam. In 1988 I asked him to work alongside me. We added the Coquitlam campus to Northside Church together. He and Gladys are an invaluable team. Today, Wes will be talking about the 5th step of our journey to Higher Ground. He has probably listened to more Step 5's than anyone else I know. God bless our church today.

Barry

No comments: