Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Inspired By God's Word

Have you ever had the experience of reading your Bible when you come across something that is so inspiring you can't get past it. I'm in the process, as is my habit, of preparing for Bible study tonight. As we are going through the entire Bible (this is my tenth time teaching through the Bible) tonight I come to Ezekial. Because I've just written "Dancing with the King", I'm very aware of Kingdom stories. In Ezekiel 16 there is a graphic scene of an unwanted baby left out in the garbage. It just so happens that a very loving and powerful man comes along and finds the infant. The story developes as he adopts the child. Cleans her up and raises her to have hope and promise. Ultimately the child grows up meets a prince and becomes a queen sitting in partnership with her beloved husband. Wow! Our kids camp in August is going to wrap around this very theme of our becoming royalty. I can feel a children's book being birthed in me right this minute. But I've got to set it aside to percolate while I finish studying Ezekiel for this evening

Barry

No comments: