Monday, July 24, 2006

Mark and Tracy's Wedding

I've known the Cowie family for well over 20 years and have watched the boys grow up (and up--each one of the 3 sons gained 3 or 4 inches on the one before) Although Mark has been working at Whistler and before that was living and working in Phoenix, he would often come home and to our church to be with his parents, Bob and Liz.

Mark had known Tracy 14 years ago when they were young adults, but before he could work up the courage to ask her out, she'd moved up to Northern BC. But as they said at their wedding, God's timing is always better than ours, so when they reconnected this past winter they were ready.

The wedding was wonderful, as they always are. One of my greatest joys is when I see the beautiful and radiant bride enter the sanctuary doors and walk down the aisle with her dad. Tracy was so happy and looked gorgeous. Because of their height difference of almost 2 feet, after taking communion and prayer, when I said "You may kiss your bride." Tracy had a surprise for Mark. She had me pull out a ready white stool for her to stand on for the kiss. We all got a big laugh as she climbed up to be almost as tall as her new husband.

Congratulations Mark and Tracy. God has huge and happy plans for your life together. I am a very proud pastor--proud of your maturity and grace. I pray for God's blessings of peace and wisdom for both of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Barry,
Brad and I just celebrated 10 yrs this June and I am thankful that you were such an important part of our lives. Now that we are out in the Valley, we miss Northside terribly but are so thankful for little things like your blog to seep connected. Thank you for being such a wonderful leader and example for those you teach.
Angie E.