Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Gardening with God



I love to read the creation story in Genesis. "Then God said, 'Let the ground sprout vegetation--every sort of seed bearing plant, and trees that will grow seed-bearing fruit. The seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came.' And that is what happened. The land produced vegetation, all kinds of seed bearing plants and trees with seed-bearing fruit. And God saw that it was good."

Every day as I walk outside and observe the giant Evergreens, the verdulent deciduous trees and bushes, the green grass and rainbow colors of flowers in our neighbourhood, I can't help but agree, this is good, very good. Last evening Susan and I were picking off dead heads and I marvelled at the thousands of new seeds that were alive in the seemingly dead flowers. In the couple of weeks we've been away, the plants and trees in our yard have continued to proliferate. I filled 3 large bags with the trimmings alone.

Here are a couple of pictures I snapped while away of beautiful flowers that God designed and created in a moment of time. The pink and white display were at a mall in California and the firey colored flowers are in Disneyland. Thank-you Lord!

No comments: