Sunday, July 30, 2006

Amy and Darren's Wedding

I kicked myself when I arrived at Amy Wiehardt and Darren Brandner's wedding on Saturday and realized that I'd forgotten my camera. We were up on the top of Burke Mountain at the Port Coquitlam Gun Club. What a gorgeous setting for a wedding. The rains held back and the soft cloud cover was perfect for pictures (for those who had cameras) Because Darren is a proud member of our RCMP, he was dressed in his red serge and wide brimmed hat. Beside Amy's stunning white dress, they were a very attractive couple.

Darren also had a member of the RCMP and a member of the Vancouver Police in his wedding party. A full Honour Guard ushered the wedding Party in. I felt very well protected. After the service out on the front lawn, the party stood at the edge of the mountain. That was where I kicked myself, because not only the wedding party looked stunning, but also the view through the giant cedar trees for several miles to Burnaby was breathtaking. May God continue to shine his light on the path he's prepared for Darren and Amy.

No comments: