Sunday, July 30, 2006

Holidays are over

I took the month of July off for a vacation and to write the second book in my Kingdom of God Trilogy (except for Sundays , a couple of weddings and a few meetings) and now it's done. Because I was busy doing some building and gardening around the house (got to keep my darling wife happy--a happy wife is the secret to being a happy husband) for the first week, then we zipped down to California, my time was quickly running out. By last week-end I was feeling the pressure of writing this book called Walking with the King, so I poured on the gas.

I was able to write a couple of chapters a day Monday through Friday, and I'm nearing the finish line. I find that I enjoy writing as I begin a new project, then the process bogs down a bit half way through, and finally as I come to the end, I perk up again. This book was especially fun because I spent a week shadowing Jesus down the dusty trails of Palestine. I walked with him as he taught and modelled for his disciples how to live in God's Kingdom. I especially loved listening in on his conversations with guys like Nicodemus and Barabbas, and women like the SyroPhonecian and his friend Mary.

I'm doing the final edit on Dancing with the King also. Trying to get it ready for printing in the next couple of weeks. My plan is to send a few hundred to the Philippines for arrival before I get there in November. Then both books , plus a third, Sitting with the King, will be ready for my sermon series through 2007.

No comments: