Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sarah and the Prince


I just got my 3rd children's book, called Sarah and the Prince, back from the printer. What inspired me was my daughter Kristy preparing to be the speaker for our Children's camp this week. The subject she was assigned to teach is The Kingdom of God. It's been fun to work along side my lay-pastor daughter as she has been studying for her first preaching assignment.

I had finished writing the first of my Kingdom series books, for printing this week, and so I've been thinking a lot about our place beside Jesus on his throne. When I came across a parable that Ezekial told to his Jewish listeners, my spiritual ears perked up. The story was a Kingdom gem.

Sarah and the Prince is taken from Ezekial 16. It's a love story about a lost and rejected little baby girl who was adopted into a very special family. In time Sarah struggles with her place and falls into the same trap her mom had fallen into. She loses all that she had been given. I still get excited when I read the conclusion, where the prince, who is now the king, finds her and rescues her. You can pick up a copy of the book at our church--it's for ages 6-12, but because of its timeless truth, any age can read and enjoy the story.

By the way, the picture on the cover, taken by Jennifer Croft, is our grandhildren Maxwell and Madeline

No comments: