Thursday, August 03, 2006

Kids' Life Purpose




Every year our Kids Church offers 20+ Day camps for our kids (and their friends) There's bowling camp, soccer camp, groovey-girl camp, build something camp -- you get the idea. The two day- camps that I get the privilege of teaching are Life Purpose for Kids and I want to be a Pastor Camp. Today I held my Life Purpose one.

Thankfully I had the help of our 2 summer interns, Stephenie and Dawn-Marie, in addition to Juliette. We had 8 kids(we always set a limit) and I, at least, had a ball. It's my belief that God created each of us with a definite purpose. As a matter of fact he not only designed us with purpose, but he also wrote our life journals before we were even born. Our job as parents, teachers and pastors is to train up our children in the way they should go (that's their purpose), so that when they are old they will not depart from it.

Thanks kids for giving me the privilege of playing with you and at the same time teaching you God's wonderful truth.

No comments: