Saturday, August 12, 2006

Brian and Erin's Wedding



I really do value the responsibility I carry of both counselling and officiating for couples who are getting married. It means so much to me when the bride and groom are part of my own family, but it's almost the same when they are part of our church family.

I get to spend several weeks with most of the couples and because that's more than I sit with other people, we often become good friends. That's how I feel about Brian and Erin. We've had a very enjoyable few months to get to know each other and to talk about marriage.

Today a small group of family and friends joined with us to honor Brian and Erin as they covenanted with each other in the park-like back yard of Erin's father's home. Both of them are as lovable on the inside as they are strikingly handsome on the outside. I counted it a great privilege to bless their marriage today.

No comments: