Thursday, August 25, 2005

True Wealth

I'm doing a lot of running around these days, attending licensing comittee meetings, fund raising (I'm the campaign chairman for a very worthy cause which I'll talk about next week) and getting ready for my trip to Europe. There are so many things I have to do to prepare for our vacation that I almost need a rest before I go.

Even if I wasn't leaving the country, I'd be busy. Our church is gearing up for the new year -- which is September for us, just like schools/universities here in Canada. It's exciting to see all the programs that are starting soon and it's daunting to see the list of volunteers we need. But it's worth it. After all, true wealth comes from the investments we make in the lives of others.

A few years ago, Ray Boltz had a popular song entitled "
Thank You." It was about the difference giving people made in the life of a young man. Everyone of us can probably look back on our lives and remember the one person who helped define us, encouraged us or showed us the right way on this path of life. They pointed the way to the ultimate Life Changer. And that's our purpose.


These are just a few of the lives I'm investing in and they are worth every minute I spend with them. Who are you investing in this week?

Barry

No comments: