Friday, August 12, 2005

A Bouncing Baby . . . Book?

This week my eighth book, The Red Thread III, arrived. It’s always exciting for me when a new book comes out. It’s like having a baby, I guess, except that it doesn’t hurt as much. It has been such a hurdle to finish all three books and it’s wonderful to give birth to this last one in the series.

For those of you who don’t know, this series is designed to take a person through the Bible in one year. Our church has been reading several chapters in the book and their Bibles each week and then I’ve been speaking on what we’ve read. For many people, this will be the first time they have read their Bible entirely.

We shipped 1,200 of these books to the Philippines for the two conferences in Davao and Ilo Ilo I will be doing in November. It takes a long time for stuff to get there, so I hope we’ve sent the books in time.

I’m working on a new book, The Secret of Happiness, which I hope to finish some time next week. So I’d better get back to working on it.

But I just had to take a few minutes and share my excitement.

Have a great weekend. Will God see you at church on Sunday?

Barry

No comments: