Sunday, August 07, 2005

My Dance Card is Full

Phew! I've just looked over my upcoming schedule and I'm wondering where I will find the additional days I need to do everything. I don't think I'm the only one with this problem, but you're probably thinking a pastor should know better. (If so, you might want to reread my Intro post.)

Wednesday is my day to stay at home and write my sermon, study guide and newspaper article. Since my wife, Susan, and I will be in Europe for almost the entire month of September, I have to be well prepared and had a lot to do that day.

My daughter dropped off two of our grandchildren and this cramped my writing somewhat. My 1-1/2 year old grandson is my shadow. Wherever I go, even to the bathroom, he is right on my tail. Since, the days are passing quickly when the kids are still home, I spent time throwing the ball to him. I coloured and read to my granddaughter, as well.

Still, I managed to write 5 articles for the newspaper, 3 study guides plus my sermon. I consider it a very productive day.

In October, I will be heading out to a pastor's conference in Halifax where I am the plenary speaker. Susan and I are going together and while we are there we will travel to Moncton, Bathurst, and St. John's visiting pastors.

Before returning home, we will also stop in Winnipeg and be interviewed by It’s A New Day, a Canadian Christian television show with hosts Willard and Betty Thiessen and Bob and Audrey Meisner.

In November, I'm going Ilo Ilo in the Philippines then on to China to visit a friend. Then back to the Philippines to Davao. As much as I love the Philippines, I know I'll be glad to be back home. I always feel bad when I have to leave my church. I'm not really sure why. I know they are in good hands with Pastor Terry and I have no worries, but like most shepherds, I guess I just like to care for my flock.

It's only August and my calendar for January is already filling up. But, I can't let a full calendar cause me to panic. I'll just keep doing what I’m supposed to be doing and let God take care of the rest.

Hope you're doing the same.

blessings,
Barry

No comments: