Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dance Recital

I'm sitting here with Susan and our girls and their families at a looong dance recital. We came only to see Madeline and Victoria (the obvious stars of the show) but it would be bad manners to walk out now that they are done their 2 minute dances.

There are a couple of observations I've made concerning dancing, as I'm thinking about it in the context of our Dancing with the King:

1. It's a lot of work! Wow, these girls and a couple of boys have worked at their craft diligently. It seems to come easier to some than to others.

2. Working in harmony with each other is a must. It's not a dance if there is no partnership.

3. Leadership is necessary. I can see the dance teacher off to the side behind the curtain leading the choreography. Some follow better than others!

4. It's fun! When the dancers, little or mature, dance well, they are awesome in their beauty and grace. And they obviously are enjoying themselves.

Only an hour and a half to go. Dinner's coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor Barry, how are you? well I came a accross your latest blog entry as I was looking for an email address where I could contact you but I found you blog spot so I figured I would just drop you a line on here. I was just wanting to get in contact with since it has been forever since I've seen you I just moved back to Courtenay to start a new program that we will be starting in september with Master Commission,the performing arts. Master will be starting a new major of just the arts where we combine spiritual with theatrical an as you know that is right up my ally so I jumped at the opportunity....it's so very exciting.. anyways I just wanted to say hello and here how things are going I 'll try and get a hold of your email but if not heres mine victoria.katongo@hotmail.com
have a nice day!!