Saturday, June 30, 2007

Canada Day


Today is a very signifigant day in my life and in my circle of influence. Several streams are converging:


1. This is the day I officially take the reigns as President of the Foursquare Gospel Church of Canada. Along with the transition I've been receiving a lot of vision for the future of our denomination.
2. As a bonus Susan and I have the privilege of flying today after church from Vancouver to Halifax. I will make it a point to bless every province as we fly over the 6 hours across our nation.
3. Signifigantly it is Canada Day. God has been planning to do a strong work in Canada since before Jacque Cartier landed on the East Coast in 1534. Today in my sermon I'll explain why we're approaching the birthpangs of God's good plans.
4. This Sunday I'm continuing to speak on the subject of Vision. Over this week and next I'll be giving a prophetic message for our church and our nation. That will be available to hear on the Audio program at barrybuzza.com.
5. This Sunday I'm ordaining 2 new pastors in Northside. Pastor Sam Ong will serve our Chinese members and Chang Hun Suk will serve our Korean members. This week kicks off our new 7 year plan of being a truly International church
6. This week also marks the beginning of a 3 month Tri-City prayer plan. Along with many other churches our goal is to walk the Tri-Cities block by block until we've covered every home Business and school in prayer.
7. Its also the beginning of summer, the end of school and the start of Northside's 5th - 7 year season of ministry.
I'm excited about this moment in time and as ready as possible to move forward in the light of God's grace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrific sermon Barry! May God continue to bless you as you take the torch. As I travel for work, I will be praying along the BC highways.