Monday, October 23, 2006

Children's Gifts


I'm especially cognisant right now, while I'm teaching my "Finding your Life Purpose" series, of the various gifts that have been wired into us, even before we are born. The wise king said, that "If we train up a child in the way that he should go, when he is old, he will not depart from it." What he was referring to was our children's basic motivational gifts. These gifts will point toward our life purpose.

I encourage young parents to be very aware of what gifts their children hint at even as young as 2 years old. Last week I was cleaning out the last of our summer annuals, while caring for Jordan, who will be 3 in January. I love to teach the children as I work along side of them, and so that's what I was doing with Jordy.

While busy with another project I was watching Jordan. He was still working with the flowers, and while he was doing what I had taught him, he was talking steadily. Listening more closely, I heard him repeating phrase by phrase what he had heard from his papa. Not only did he fully understand, but he was able to articulate it to anyone who happened to be listening. I perceived that my grandson is going to be a gifted teacher. And of course that makes me very proud. (in a godly sort of way.)

No comments: