Saturday, September 02, 2006

Trace and Sara's Wedding


One of the things that I enjoy most about officiating at weddings is the several weeks of premaital counselling that I and the bride and groom go through together. Trace and Sara came to me several months ago to ask me if I would do their wedding. Both of them had come through recovery in our Higher Ground ministry, and so understood the gripping power of drugs, and also the overcoming power of God's rich love, acceptance and forgiveness. I've found that those who have successfully navigated through recovery for several months have a very deep appreciation for the love and grace of Jesus. This couple certainly does.

Trace and Sara have been delightful to get to know, to laugh with, to cry with, and to see them truly become one. They have already come through some very deep valleys, which have served to strengthen their determination to maintain strong Christ-like roots. I'm thankful for the privilege of knowing them and pray for God's powerful blessing on their marriage.

No comments: