Saturday, September 30, 2006

Passport continued....

It's difficult to get out of this country. Susan and I waited patiently, along with 3 million other applicants, on Monday to get our Passports renewed, and then the window finally opened. Hope was on the horizon at last! But alas, after our careful explanation of how we accidentally washed our Passports again, the agent was unmoved. Looking at us as if we just escaped from prison, she kindly said, "Sorry I can't help you. You are going to need clearance from a higher authority." (I should have told her that we have been approved by God Himself) Then she went away for a long time. After returning , our straight-faced friend announced to me that they could not renew my passport until I could provide proof that I was travelling, my exact itinerary and plans, and when I would return. Even after I would do that, because I am such a high risk it would take 8 weeks to process it. We left somewhat downhearted.

A while later the girl phoned Susan and apologized to her. She said they could do her passport right away but mine was still a problem. We stopped off on the way home to visit my friend James Moore, our M.P. On Monday, we'll go see our friendly agent again with my tickets and itinerary in hand. We'll see what happens.

No comments: