Saturday, September 16, 2006

September's here

September is my favorite month. To me it's like Rosh Hashanna, the beginning of the Jewish New Year, and a season of great celebration. Summer has been good for me-- it's a rare privilege to be home with Susan almost every evening and we usually take a whole day every week just for ourselves. By the time July comes we are ready for the shift. But September has come and it is time to get into the busy and fulfilling Fall season.

I love Bible Study on Wednesday evenings. This new year we're beginning to walk slowly through the Gospels. A new group of enthusiasts joined me for the first of our weekly studies as we opened up the book of Matthew. The Gospels,which I also teach at our Bible College, are among my favorite Bible Books.

On both Wednesday, at PLBC, and on Thursdays at our church, I'm teaching how to find our life purpose. To me this series is among the most important life lessons we can ever learn. One day Jesus will ask us, "Did you do what I told you to do?" and hopefully we won't answer, "I didn't
even know what you expected of me. I thought I was here just to be happy and have a good life." I'll be making DVD's of the classes that I teach at PLBC so that the course will be available for small groups or use at home.

Then on Fridays I'm doing my very favorite thing--teaching the Torah (Pentateuch) to an enthusiastic class of Bible Students . Along with Sundays and miscellaneous other classes, it takes me a fair amount of time to study and prepare myself, so it's difficult to find the time I need to see people. I try to make my time with leaders a priority.

No comments: