Monday, September 25, 2006

passport


It's harder than one would imagine to get out of this country. To prepare for my trip to Thailand and the Philippines, I have to update my passport today and get my various shots redone tomorrow. When I returned from Asia last year, I let my passport slip through the wash while safely tucked in my jeans. Then shortly after, when Susan and I were in Barcelona, we had our new passports stolen. Besides the complicated process of travelling through Europe sans passports, we were considered suspect when we returned because of the double reapplication for new passports. Then in the spring, when we returned from Mexico, I did it again (I shouldn't confess too much lest my friends lose all confidence in my leadership ability) Into the wash they ended up again!

So having obtained special documents from our lawyer, saying we are really honest, upstanding Canadians, we're off again to the Passport office to hopefully regain credibility. God bless us!

1 comment:

jeremy postal said...

Ha! That sounds exactly like a good friend of mine! BEst of luck with that...