Sunday, October 30, 2005

Some More Fun and a Hint

Did you know that God not only wants us to work, He wants us to play and have fun. Even though my schedule is hectic, I still make time to do other things. For example, Friday night is date night. Susan and I spend quality time together having dinner, shopping or whatever we feel like doing. We've done this all our married life and I still look forward to those evenings.

So, instead of being serious this morning, I thought I'd share some fun stuff. But first, a hint to solving yesterday's puzzle. Some books are not single words. Does that help? I suppose I should make up a legend like they do for personality tests...

Okay, if you can only find 5 or less you might want to join Wee College where they learn all the books of the Bible. If you can only find 6-10 maybe one of our Kids Church kids could mentor you. And if you locate 11-15, you're not only a Bible scholar, you're probably under the age of 50!

Susan subscribes to Mikey's Funnies and she got this in her mailbox the other day:

John was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place.

Looking up toward heaven, he said, "Lord, take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to church every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up beer."

Just then a parking place miraculously appeared!

John looked up again and said, "Never mind. I found one!"

Hope you laughed.

Have a restful Sunday. I'm leaving this evening for the Philippines and China.

Barry

No comments: