Monday, October 10, 2005

I May Have Found the Secret to Happiness But . . .

. . . I now need to learn the secret to self denial.

I didn't think I had a problem. But then we went on our cruise. Twelve days with every culinary temptation known to man thrust in my face, day in and day out. What was I to do? It was a momentary slip, really. Once I returned from our trip, I was back to my usual self.

Until yesterday.

Did I limit myself to just one piece of Susan's incredible pie? No.

Did I have just a little dab of whipped cream? No.

But I refuse to think about all that right now. So in order to take my mind off food, here are some pictures of our trip:



These are our good friends, Vern and Diane whom we met up with in Paris and again in Nice near the beginning of our trip.






Believe it or not, we actually did other things besides eat.







Every night was an absolute feast on the cruise ship. I won't tell you how much weight I gained.



It was amazing to see the choices we had, from Chinese to French cuisine, from Spanish to English. Delicious food was more plentiful than the air we were breathing . . . or so it seemed.

Okay, I think maybe I need an intervention. All these pictures are making me hungry and I already ate today.

I will have to upload some more pictures just to prove we actually did other things besides visit the dining room.

Barry

1 comment:

Greg Moore said...

Vern looks to be enjoying the food!