Saturday, October 29, 2005

Are you Smarter than my Students?


Every September, I have my new students at Pacific Life Bible College do this little puzzle. There are 15 names of bible books in the next paragraph. You have 3 minutes to circle all of them.

* * * *

Once remarks were made about hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu, kept some people actually looking so hard for the facts and studying for the revelation, they were in a jam, especially since the books were not capitalized. But the truth finally struck numbers of readers. To others it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some that are easy to spot. Others may require judges to determine. We must also admit it usually takes a minute to find one, and there will be loud lamentations when you see how simple it is. One little lady says she brews a coffee while she puzzles her brains.

* * * *

Okay, how'd you do?

L'érudition de la française langue est dur! [I hope this means that learning French is hard!]

Barry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got 12 of 15...struggling to find the last three..
and i'm sure i took way longer than 3 minutes...maybe if i was sitting in a classroom it may have been different!
P.Barry, I quite enjoy reading your posts. May God fully bless your family! And all of your endeavours. God with us!

Pastor Barry said...

LOL!

Maybe I should post some hints.

Thanks for your comments, Melaney.

Barry

Anonymous said...

Found Them!!

Tawny said...

Well Pastor Barry I did the puzzle! I have to admitt though it took me 20 minutes to find 13. I had to stop due to loud children. I was so frustrated by it I came back tonight and was emaling Cheryl and Kevin to get the answers I thought oh I will check one more time and finally found them...great puzzle!!!
tawny