Friday, August 17, 2007

Sunday August 12

After church today Susan and I hopped into the car and headed for Kelowna to visit a few more pastors. We had an awesome drive up the picturesque Coquihalla Highway to have dinner with a very beloved long time friend. I met Dottie Thiessen at summer camp in 1963. She was the very striking daughter of Dr. Raymond Cox, Foursquare church historian and kind of adopted son of Aimee Semple Mcpherson. So obviously shy me never actually spoke to her then. We had our chance to chat finally over dinner and enjoyed our visit immensely. Dottie pastors the Westbank Foursquare Church.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

It's a small world Pastor Barry. I know Dottie's daughter. Havn't seen her for years though...

I enjoy reading your blog here in Vernon.

We sure miss your sermons!

Chris and Caroline Gilbank