Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Another Important Birthday - February 22, 1947

[Note: This blog was not hacked, although this post was not written by Dr. Buzza and he has no knowledge of it. This special post was written by his eldest daughter, Kelly.]


Dear Dad,

In honour of your birthday I wanted to thank you for the amazing imprint that you have left on my life so far, and for continuing to bless my life now.

Having a loving, caring and always present father has helped mould me into the person that I am. I cannot even think of a time in my life when you were unavailable to me. I still remember all the times when, in my shyness, I hid behind your legs in uncomfortable social situations.

I can recall many trips to Disneyland where you would carry Kristy or I up on your shoulders for hours at a time. I could never begin to count all the Saturdays you would enthusiastically play Monopoly for up to 8 hours! I really thought I was great at board games. I didn’t know that you often let me win just to build my confidence.

Dad, you were always physically present and just ’in’ all my great childhood memories. You were also the kind of Dad who was always there to answer confusing questions. We thought you knew everything because you continually took time to answer any question, we could ask, in a really impressive and confident way. Now I know that confidence doesn’t always mean factual, but it was nice to think I had the smartest dad around!!

Even as a teenager I knew I could go to you with any question or situation and you would give me loving, truthful, and helpful advice without judgment. If I ever called you, no matter where you were or what you were doing, I knew that I came first. I could drop in at work and all your attention turned to me. I could walk outside while you were busy mowing the lawn, and you would turn of the mower to talk.

Now that I am a mom, it is really amazing to look back and realize that it is very much all the tiny little things in a kid’s life that add up to create a confident, well adjusted person. I really could never even come close to measuring all the wonderful ways you, along with mom, helped guide my life. I just have to say thanks dad, for all the fun times, happy memories and great fatherly advice.

Thank you for being my Dad, a nurturing Papa to my children and a caring pastor. I love you and am so proud of all that you have become. You are a person of amazing integrity and you really are worthy of all the admiration that each of us have for you.

I consider you a wonderful gift from God.

Love Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and thanks for taking the time to meet with Amanda and I.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pastor Barry, Just wanted to drop in and wish you a blessed birthday. I trust you had a good day blessed with family and friends. Thanks for sharing this blog written with love by your daughter, Kelly. The message was precious. God richly bless you Pastor Barry. Your Sister and Friend in Christ, Judith