Thursday, August 14, 2008

Downtown Eastside

July 17, 2008
Today I visited a couple of pastors whom I greatly admire. John Sanders has been pastoring our Street Church in one of the most difficult stretches of real estate in Canada. The 5 blocks west from Hastings & Main are among the poorest and most destitute anywhere. Drugs, crime & alcohol have taken their toll. John has just resigned from the church – he’s given his best with love and diligence.

Trista and her son, Jesse, have moved into the heart of the Hastings strip to give their lives as missionaries to the disenfranchised. I could have listened to Trista’s story all day, but within an hour I’d decided that we need to do a video testimony (hopefully it will be up soon on our Foursquare Canada web page). Trista was raised as a suburbanite in our Coquitlam area, but experienced firsthand the devastations caused by running from God.

I am so excited to watch her see the vision God has given to her fulfilled in the Eastside of Vancouver. I’ll keep you updated.

No comments: