Sunday, April 15, 2007

Madeline and Victoria's visit
















On Good Friday, our 2 granddaughters visited their Nana and Papa. We had a wonderful time. As per usual, the girls put on a play for us, using all their little people. They tell stories like I do--make it up as we go along! Then in the morning after breakfast, they decorated Easter cupcakes with Nana.

At lunch, while we were eating, I took advantage of our time together to teach them about the Easter lesson that I was going to present on Sunday. We were eating soup and crackers together, so I grabbed some Matzo bread to explain how it represented the body of Jesus. When I got to the part about the no yeast meaning Jesus was without sin, I showed them the difference between regular soda crackers with baking soda in them, and Matzo with no leaven.

Suddenly Madeline (the girls are both very dramatic) screamed and ran out of the room. I asked, "What's wrong, Honey?" and she responded "Victoria (who was munching on a cracker) is eating sin. I can't be in the room! I can't eat with her!"

After lunch we picked up the 4 boys and went to see the new kids' movie, "Meet the Robinsons". I'd recommend that movie to anyone. It was packed with worthwhile life lessons about how each of us is important, and that we should always be thinking forward, rather than living in the past.

Finally, after church, we all went to Jeremy's and Kristy's for our turkey and ham Easter Feast.
After dinner we lined all of our very cute kids up for some family photos, which of course I'll share with anyone who asks, or even those who don't ask!

No comments: