Monday, September 12, 2005

Spectacular Show

I forgot to mention that there was a tornado in Barcelona just before we left. Susan and I are fine. As our floating paradise cruised the Mediterranean, we were privileged to watch a spectacular thunder and lightning storm.

I'm always awed by the power of such a sight. While the kids and animals hide, I love to watch as the lights brighten the dark sky. It is a reminder of just how powerful God is. Nothing is impossible for Him.

As I write this, we have just spent the day walking streets that are 2000 years old. I've been to Pompeii before, and my current article in the Tri-City News (and uploaded to our church website) talks briefly about my experience, but I was still wowed by it all. It is amazing to see how life was back then and their quest for, and pride in, power yet they were powerless when the mountain erupted.

We spent the afternoon in Naples chatting with the local residents. The people were friendly and the city has a beautiful view of the bay. The Greeks founded Naples back in the 7th century and much of the ancient design remains prevalent today. Susan I were amazed at the traffic flow along the narrow streets shared by pedestrians, motorbikes, and cars (not to mention fruit stands!). Everyone seemed to get where they were going, accident-free. At least while we were there. It has been a good day and we are really enjoying ourselves.

So, that's it for now.

Barry

No comments: