Thursday, February 14, 2008

January 27-29, 2008

BLIZZARDS

I flew to Saskatoon on Sunday and landed in -30c weather. I'd never experienced such cold before and was shocked. But what I didn't know was that a blizzard with wind chill of -50c was on its way during my visit.

It was such a pleasure to sit down with the leadership of our Saskatoon Church (Courts of Praise) and help them discover God's plan for a pastor. I'll write in a while about the decision we made together.

After Saskatoon I flew to Winnipeg to tape 3 more programs for "It's a New Day" with my dear friend Willard Thiessen. The 3 programs on "Sitting with the King" will air in mid-March. I also visited with our newest Filipino pastors Marcelo and Irene Rufon. I'm very excited about what God's doing among our Filipino population.

Despite the freezing temperatures I had a very warm and happy visit to two of our prairie provinces.

When I returned from the frozen prairies, I was surprised that we'd had 18 inches of snow at our place. Susan had to shovel our driveway, (It always seems to storm when I'm away) so my complaints about the -50c degree weather were not really heard.



No comments: