Monday, January 14, 2008

January 8, 2008 National Board

The Foursquare Church of Canada is overseen by a Board from across the Nation. 5 or 6 times a year we meet to pray and discuss the business of the church. Topics such as church properties being sold or purchased, finances, insurance, pastoral changes and national growth strategies provide major points of discussion.

The National Board is elected by the Membership of our National church and they hold the highest authority in the Foursquare denomination. I as the president, serve the church under the appointment of the Board.

Alongside of me are also two other significant groups of leaders. An Executive Council of 5 work with me to give me counsel concerning all the daily matters of church life. In meetings, such as we had all day yesterday, we pray about and discuss pastoral care and health, leadership development and enrichment, church growth and expansion and overseas missions.

Then there are Unit Supervisors of our 8 regions across Canada who provide for me a hands-on touch with our pastors and churches. These invaluable men and women represent me in the day to day oversight of our churches and pastors.

I thank God for these 3 groups of spiritual elders in our Canadian Church. They, along with Rebecca, Rhonda and Tina on our National Staff are gifts of God to the Foursquare Gospel Church and to me. They are also my dearly loved friends! I pray that each of them will be generously rewarded for their generous gifts of service, with God's power, peace and prosperity.

1 comment:

michelle said...

wow! daddy ! im so proud of you!and your leadership!
you are indeed a good follower of the Jesus the head leader!