Saturday, February 03, 2007

Staff/Council Summit










There were about 30 of us who set aside this one day to be inspired, stimulated and encouraged by God in Northside's Annual Staff/Council Summit meeting. Our staff meets regularly to talk and pray about the vision, plans and programs of the church; and our 9 member council meet monthly to think together about the facilities and finances. Then, of course we all do our own things over the days in between-- but every-time I hear all the good stuff that's going on I wish we could all have the benefit and joy that we who are present get to have. So that is the reason we spend this important day together.

After I shared some of my own vision and thoughts, Pastor Rebecca spent an hour or so teaching some invaluable leadership/followership principles. I was amazed at how much we learned together about vision, planning and shifting with the culture of our day. Once again I was wishing that all 500 or so of our workers and volunteers could have been there. Finally, before lunch we broke into small groups of matching interests and analysed our ministies, what are we doing well and how could we do better?

At lunch, served by a very gracious family of godly servants, Pastor Gord surprised me with a birthday card and gift from the group, and a delicious birthday cake. It could not have been a better or more profitable way to spend our day. I left there brimming with Godly pride in our church family and humility regarding the assignment we have been entrusted with.

No comments: