Saturday, February 24, 2007

Alive and well

Don't you love it when you go for a physical check-up and the doctor gives you a good report! I do too. But I also love it when I put a stethascope to the body of Christ and I hear sounds of a healthy heart beat. Just in these past 2 days I've heard many stories which tell me the church is alive and well. I got so excited by a couple of testimonies today that I decided it would be good to publish a Good News Paper consisting of stories of how God loves to do good things for us. Keep your eye out for good reports and let me know so we can publish them, and then watch for our first issue.

Yesterday I was at the church, and came across 2 small groups of people praying for each other. I love that and so does our Father. I know its just a small reflection of all the prayer that's happening throughout the week. Then I saw another of our young adults teaching worship through dance to an enthusiastic group of young women. I didn't know we had a dance team, but I did suggest that they dance for God some Sunday morning soon. Then as I went to my car I met another man, who'd stopped by the food bank to pick up some sweets. He told me that daily he goes down to the front of PoCo City Hall to meet with street people. Up to a dozen come to him every day and receive Starbucks coupons and a treat. I left the church feeling so good about the life that is eminating from the Body-- what a treat it is for me to serve this living church!

No comments: