Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Foursquare Pastor's Conference, Winnipeg MB

October 2008

What an awesome time we enjoyed at our National Canadian Foursquare Pastor's Conference in the beautiful Fort Garry Hotel.

Our very special guests were former Missionaries to Panama (and International Missions Directors) Leland & Barbara Edwards.

As a boy, I have wonderful memories of the Edwards family visiting our small Vancouver church and telling fascinating stories from the 1920's-1950's in Panama. It was a delight and an honor for Leland & Barbara to grace us with their memories of Foursquare history and challenge us to faithfulness. (CD's are available of their historical overview of the past 80 years).

Jerry & Barbara Cook have been mentors of Susan & me over the past 40 years. Jerry's book "Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness" was a pivotal prophetic word for the charismatic church of the 1970's. I have available my 2 hour interview with Jerry on DVD if you email me.

One of the highlights of our week, for me, was when Virgil & Christina Dawson presented me with a native blanket that Virgil had made. This ceremony was very significant. Giving me the tribal blanket was a sign of accepting me as an honorary brother in their tribe. I was deeply touched by Christina's love & sincerity.

No comments: