Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Trip to Toronto

February 22, 2009

I spent my 62nd Birthday in Toronto this year, and had an inspirational visit with hundred of Foursquare friends.

On Saturday morning I met a couple of Indian brothers about churches in Toronto and India.


In the afternoon, the Ontario Churches rented a large facility to celebrate what they call Februworship - a grand celebration of many ethnic churches. We sang, danced and celebrated for 3 hours together. I loved it all but was mesmerized by the children who did a mime in the dark. With their white gloves they spelled out the story of our salvation.

On Sunday, February 22, I spoke at Praise Christian Family Church, a Foursquare Filipino congregation. I can't think of a happier more hospitable family to spend my birthday with. And there's always a feast that follows church (the picture below is just my dinner!).

I shared my birthday with Pastor Gina's twin 19 year-old daughters (theirs was on Feb. 21st).
One of the happiest birthday greetings I received this year was from my dear friend Papa Nazem Demian.

Nazem adopted me as his spiritual son several years ago. With his greeting, Papa Nazem sent a picture he'd had taken when I'd published my first book, Life Journey. The church put on a party for me in 2000. I was so honored to have my dad (who passed away in 2007) and Papa Nazem there to encourage me. Here's the picture we had taken that memorable day.

No comments: