Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Philippines 2008

November 2008

Earlier this month I spent 15 days in one of my favorite places in the world. I did some Pastor's & Leader's Conferences in Dagupan, Pangasinan, Manila & Ormac Leyte, in addition to speaking at a few churches.

One of my favorite stops was in a village on the outskirts of Manila that has been built on a city dump. The area is called Pagbabago (which means reborn or new life) because the residents take garbage and recycle it to earn income. I love the spiritual implications that infer God takes people we may never look twice at and recreates us into princes & princesses in His kingdom.

Last year Michelle Abdou from Northside was there and felt God directing her to help. She came back and had our children raise over $8,000 to send to the Foursquare Church there to double their church space. Our kids made yoyos that I was honored to hand out to the children there.

Pastors Val (& Sally) Chavez (President of the 2800 Foursquare churches in the Philippines) were my hosts, drivers and co-workers as we travelled the main Island.

In Leyte Pastors Gulliver and Verma Babor were my hosts.

Check out my pictures below!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Barry,

You are always close to our heart. I am always proud to tell other Filipinos that my Pastor loves the Philippines and the Filipinos. Thank you very much for all the spiritual investments that you are giving to the country and its people.

Your Friend,
EP

Anonymous said...

Hello Pastor Barry
I thank God for your leadership and your example. The Lord has placed Northside as a gift to the Tri-cities, Canada, and the world. May you continue to boldly preach the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Your friend from Mission
David