Monday, July 21, 2008

Calgary & Edmonton

June 21, 2008

I had a great visit in beautiful Alberta this week. The highlight of my trip was the induction of Barry (& Audrey) Marsten as the Lead Pastor of our new 2-campus church in Calgary & Airdrie.

I've attached an article I wrote for them on Multi-site churches, following this entry. We have 7 of these Multi-site churches in Canadian Foursquare at this time, but I feel like this is just the beginning of a new wave.

During the weekend I also had an opportunity to meet with some new & also long-time Foursquare Pastors.

Jose & Ana Acosta are experienced Foursquare Spanish pastors who are starting a church in Calgary for Spanish-speaking people.





Doug & Lois Boyd and Jana Wasylyshyn are pastoring up in Edmonton. I was very excited to hear and see their plans for remodeling and adding to their present facility - New Life Church.


Greg & Val Kurjata are serving as Foursquare Evangelists. I love listening to the enthusiasm and passion that Greg brings to the table.





I first met Jonathan & Aimee Seloza in Manila. Jonathan was a Foursquare Pastor there in the Philippines. Now that he has come to join Aimee in Edmonton, their plan is to plant a Filipino Church in Edmonton.

No comments: